Dec 2, 2011

Hospitality How-to: Holiday Friendship Tea


The Lord has placed on my heart the desire to be more hospitable, and if you've been following my blog, you've read about how I am passionate about growing in this home ministry. 


“Ministry is meeting people where they are at 
and taking them to where God wants them to be.”

The holidays are a busy time of year, and we can be easily distracted by the go-go-go. Time is limited, and so can our budget if we let it be. I prefer a slower pace, and am very prayerful that God will strengthen me to have a heart to serve, to be generous and have an opportunity to point others to Christ.

Having a Holiday Friendship Tea is perfect for:
A short time frame, last minute get together
Moms who have babies or young children, but desire fellowship time
A tight budget

Holiday Friendship Tea How-to  
First, have Christmas music playing. Have a selection of holiday flavored tea on hand. I love Celestial Seasonings Sugar Plum Spice :)
 
Add a festive touch to the sugar with some red and green sprinkles :)

I don't have a carafe, so I just use my coffee maker to keep the water hot (maybe consider two coffee makers if a guest prefers coffee?)

Make a simple holiday treat, like thumbprint cookies - quick and delicious!
A special treat for the kids :) My friend Alicia from Two Little Plums shared The Candy Cane Poem with me. I decided to print copies out on cardstock, 1 hole punch, and tie a red ribbon around two candy canes for a sweet gift.

 Christmas Candy Cane Poem about Jesus

Look at the Candy Cane
What do you see?
Stripes that are red
Like the blood shed for me
White is for my Savior
Who’s sinless and pure!
“J” is for Jesus My Lord, that’s for sure!
Turn it around
And a staff you will see
Jesus my shepherd
Was born for Me!

 Of course there are many ways to put together a Holiday Friendship Tea, but I wanted to share ideas that are affordable, simple to put together, and help you in sharing a blessing with others.