Mar 18, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yesterday I was in a baking mood. Actually, I usually am always in some sort of food-related mood. I love being in the kitchen, cooking up a meal or baking treats. I've been really craving my Gram's delicious chocolate chip pumpkin muffins. As much as I have been tempted to ask her for her recipe, I really don't want to know because they're just so special to me when she makes them! I decided to try a variation and make these cookies since Gavin and Daddy have been wanting chocolate chip cookies lately. We gave some to our mail lady, and the rest have just diappeared ;)

My little helper munching on chocolate chips




Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup canned pumpkin

  • 1 cup cane sugar

  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil

  • 1 egg

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour

  • 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder

  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

  • 1/4 cup of milk*

  • 1 tablespoon almond extract

  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips


  • Directions
    1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, milk and salt. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
    2. Add almond extract and chocolate chips, stir well.
    3. Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 15 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.
    * We used almond milk, but you can use any kind. We started out with 2 tablespoons and added a little more, up to 1/4 cup and found it made the consitency just right.