Sep 28, 2011

An encouraging passage

I came across this passage from Chapter 8 in Passionate Housewives Desperate for God and wanted to share it. It is such an encouraging reminder of God's faithfulness and how important it is to trust Him (in my life, specifically as becoming a meek and submissive wife) - no matter what!

Whatever trial we are experiencing, we can be sure that God is at work in us. We must not reject the trial or irritation, because it is God's will for us at this point in our lives. When we recognize it as being from His hand (for our good and His glory), we can accept even our trials as precious gifts - wonderful opportunities to testify His goodness.
Matthew Henry reminds us, "We must abide by this principle (Psalm 17:14) that whatever it is that crosses us, or is displeasing to us at any time, God has an overruling hand in it."
Thayer's definition of meekness says, "Meekness toward God is that disposition of spirit in which we accept His dealings with us as good, and therefore without disputing or resisting."
It is so hard not only to say we accept His dealings with us as good, but to truly believe it!
"Let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God. For in this way in former times the holy women also, who hoped in God, used to adorn themselves, being submissive to their own husbands." - 1 Peter 3:4-5

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the encouraging passage. I so look forward to reading your blogs every time you post! Please continue doing what you are doing, you have a precious family! You had read a post of mine at www.imlearningtobe.wordpress.com. However, the wordpress site was just too hard to work. I have since moved to www.proverbs16verse9.blogspot.com. If you would like to keep up with me and my family. I hope you are having a terrific fall season!

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristen! Thank you for your sweet comment. Thank you for updating me on your blog address - I will definitely be following! I will be praying for you and discernment as you and your husband plan for schooling of your little one! I hope my blog encourages you, I never thought I'd homeschool - but I know I will never regret it! Time is so precious, especially with our children :)

    ReplyDelete