Sep 1, 2011

Flaky Cheese Danish


 I love the Gooseberry Patch cookbooks and found one for 20 cents at our Salvation Army yesterday (Wednesdays are their 1/2 off days!). This one is titled Hometown Favorites, and I wrote down all kinds of ingredients to some recipes I can't wait to try. All of the recipes require minimal ingredients and appear really simple to make! The kids and I made these DELICIOUS flaky cheese danishes today!


2 8-oz. tubes crescent rolls, divided
1-1/4 c. sugar, divided
1 egg and 1 egg white
8-oz. package cream cheese
1 t. vanilla extract
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 c. chopped walnuts (we didn't use these)

Unroll one package of crescent rolls, separate and place on cookie sheet

Cream together one cup sugar, egg, cream cheese and vanilla
 
Spread mixture evenly over crescent rolls

Unroll the remaining tube of crescent rolls and place over top of cream cheese mixture
 
Beat egg white until frothy; brush over crescent rolls. Mix together cinnamon, remaining sugar and walnuts (optional); sprinkle on top
(I didn't end up using as much sugar as the recipe called for so I placed the remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture in an empty jam jar to store in cupboard)
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Makes 8 servings or 16 when split in half

Best enjoyed with a cup of coffee and a good book :) Save extra for hungry hubby.
 

2 comments:

  1. yummm...and I LOVE your new Blog Header!!! Did you have to make it in Photoshop or do you do it on Blogger?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, would you believe I made that header in the old Paint program?! I just uploaded it afterward and Blogger shrunk it to fit!

    ReplyDelete