Sep 15, 2011

Spiced Slow Cooker Apple Sauce


This morning my house smelled like delicious apples! I prepared this last night and awoke to a warn cinnamon-y aroma :) It was heavenly. The basket was a splurge of mine. I am very frugal when it comes to home stuff and buy nearly all my decorations used. But I saw this cute little apple basket at Reny's and it was whispering my name every time I walked by it. I kept glancing at it from the corner of my eye, nearly running over sweet little old ladies with my shopping cart. And then I gave in.

10 apples peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
1/2 C water
3/4 C brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg

Place the apples and water in a slow cooker; cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. Stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Continue cooking an additional 30 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe!!! I got a beautiful slow cooker from my mother-in-law last year and I have been dying to try it out since!!!!

    Love, Hannah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm... I just canned a bunch of applesauce! Love the smell of apples and cinnamon filling the house :)

    ReplyDelete