Dec 19, 2011

Sweet (and healthy) indulgence for mom

While I strive to live a healthy (and frugal) lifestyle, I admittedly indulge in certain treats. However, check out my favorites that don't leave me feeling too bad about my choices.


I discovered these tasty, chewy (and surprisingly healthy) jelly-bean like treats a few months ago. Honey Lovers are sweetened with real honey, are high in antioxidant Vitamin C and are free from all of the following: gluten, dairy, egg, soy, peanut, gelatin, tree nuts and trans fat. Oh, and 5% of proceeds are donated to honey bee research. The bag I bought comes in cute little heart shapes with 16 flavors. 


I'm not quite at the point where I'm ready to make my own chai. I make a lot of my own coffee drinks, but not my chai (..yet). I love Oregon Chai's Slighty Sweet Concentrate mixed with organic half & half. It is the perfect dessert-like drink to enjoy curled up in a warm quilt at the end of the day. 


I love having Odwalla bars on hand. When we are in the midst of a busy day, these are a nice fix to a drop in blood sugar. These are especially nice to have in your purse to snack on after appointments or church. My favorite is Choco-walla :)


So, what about you? Do you have a sweet (and healthy) indulgence?