May 17, 2012

My First Extreme Couponing Experience - Bath & Beauty


I've been posting a lot on how and where I've been saving money at the grocery store. In my last post, I shared where to save money on organic/natural products. I also shared our grocery budget for our family of 4 and my desire to shop below that.

This past week I challenged myself to extreme coupon. I've been hesitant to go this route because I know there are a lot of things I don't need, but I think my clipping efforts were well worth it this week as I scored some great deals!

Here's a peak at my findings and savings:



2 packages of Seventh Generation diapers $9.99 each...$19.98 @ Hannaford
2 coupons for FREE Seventh Generation diapers, wipes or training pants (up to $13 value each)
TOTAL: $0.00




1 bottle of LA Looks Beachy Mega Waves Spray Gel...$1.94 @ Walmart
1 coupon $1.00 off any LA Looks product
TOTAL: $.94


Colgate Optic White toothpaste...$4.79 @ Rite Aid
Rite Aid coupon $1.00 off Colgate Optic White toothpaste
Manufacturer's Coupon $1.00 off Colgate Optic White toothpaste
Manufacturer's Coupon $1.00 off any Colgate toothpaste
TOTAL: $1.79


Daisy + Venus disposable razors...$5.97 @ Walmart
2 Manufacturer Coupons $2.00 off Venus or Daisy disposable razors (-$4.00)
TOTAL: $1.97


2 Bic Soleil razors $3.00 each...$6.00 @ Ocean State Job Lot
2 Manufacturer Coupons $3.00 off Bic Soleil Razor 
TOTAL: $0.00


CVS Tranquil Body Wash...$2.37
Coupon for FREE CVS Traquil Body wash
TOTAL: $0.00


Take a look at my savings!

I purchased $41.05 worth of items
I spent only $4.70!!!

I saved $36.35 this trip. Not too shabby for my first extreme couponing experience!
post signature