Apr 12, 2011

Gavin's friend Hermie

Both my kids have become especially fond of the cute cartoon Hermie the Caterpillar



Yesterday while playing outside Gavin found himself a caterpillar nestled in his orange shovel, and he of course named his newfound friend "Hermie."


Gavin holding Hermie...Mama was a little creeped out. I kept a distance while I took the picture. I'm not really into crawly things...



Haley poking Hermie 

Grampy stopped by for a visit just in time for Gavin to show him Hermie

"Look Grampy! Hermie!"

Hermie crawling away

Grampy stayed to enjoy some of the cream soda I've been raving about :) (Recipe below)


He also brought us a movie I've been wanting to see :)

Other great shots I love from yesterday

Gavin and Haley "skipping rocks" in a rain puddle

Gavin trying to give Haley a kiss lol

"Okay brother, just one."

"I said just one, brother!" 

Homemade Cream Soda

Ingredients you will need:
  • 2 Cups of raw cane sugar
  • 1 Cup of water
  • 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
  • Club soda
  • Splash of organic heavy cream
  • cubed or crushed ice if desired
Directions 

Stir sugar and water together in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.  Once liquid is transparent, remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and allow to cool at room temperature. Transfer the "syrup" into a glass container (I used a large mason jar). Chill in fridge.

Once syrup is chilled you can prepare your cream soda. Pour 3 Tablespoons of syrup into a tall glass with ice. Fill with approximately 8oz of club soda. Add a splash of heavy cream and enjoy!