Oct 25, 2011

Clouds & Spilt Milk

We had a very fun day of school! This morning we snuggled on the couch and read from our Day by Day Kids Bible (love this!). We read about Jesus ascending to heaven
After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight. They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”  - Acts 1:9-11
 I love the discussion questions in our devotions - the kids really open up and love it! "Do you ever wonder what kind of cloud Jesus went into as he left the earth?" 

I had this great book I remember when I was little called It Looked Like Spilt Milk. 

You probably remember this fun book or you currently have it in your home library. Since we were talking about clouds this ended up being a great read :)

Gavin enjoyed it so much that he wanted to read it to Haley afterward :) 

We did a fun craft to go along with our book and made our own Spilt Milk images :) 
We dipped yarn in white paint/globbed the paint with a spoon all over blue construction paper. Then we folded the paper in half and opened them to see what they looked like!







Gavin said his reminded him of a car :)



Today was absolutely beautiful out, so we went for a walk to spot some clouds! I love my kids imaginations and listening to them shouting out what they see :)
 Gavin: hand/shadow puppet
Haley: duck
Mama: Whale

Gavin: baby crab & mama crab
Haley: agrees with Gavin
Mama: agrees too. lol 

 chicken drumstick

 pig running, mouse, or rodent of some sort

Cloud watching with my 5 year old and 2 year old = lots of laughs and big imaginations.  

When we were home from our walk we drew in our Creation Journals
 Gavin's sun and cloud

 I love coloring too :)

While Gavin and I were coloring, Haley was playing with shape cut-outs and found me a cloud :)


Later in the afternoon we read all about clouds :)

I am so blessed to be homeschooling. And since I know my wonderful husband is going to be reading this tonight - thank you baby, for all you do to make this possible for me and our children! Thank you for praying for us, praying for your own strength, for supporting us, and encouraging me in homeschooling (and sewing lately :P) I love you handsome and hope you enjoy looking at all the fun we had today :) I thank God everyday for you!
At that time people will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. - Mark 13:26

1 comment:

  1. The last part made me think of my husband...every night when he gets home from work he too looks at my blog and looks at everything we did that day :) And if your hubby is anything like mine he reads the comments right away too...So THANK YOU ADAM for allowing Jenn to stay home, her blog encourages other ladies! Thanks for working extra hard for her to be able to stay home...and even though she may not be earning money, what she is doing will PAY OFF in the end FAR more than money could ever buy!

    Jenn, we are so blessed to have husbands that work hard and want us to be home RAISING and teaching our children! Our investment will have a HUGE return in the future!

    LOVE what you did today with the clouds! Isn't it awesome the FREEDOM that you have with homeschooling. You can grab ahold of every teachable moment and do whatever you want with it. You can take it in any direction you want! Gavin and Haley are so blessed to have a mom and dad like you two!!!! Keep up the awesome work!
    "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord." 1 Cor. 15:58

    Love,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete