Oct 25, 2011

While the dough is rising

 Photo Credit: beckyandthebeanstalk.com

Here is a list of housekeeping tasks we either forget or neglect to do, but are still important. I tend to do these things in those snippets of time like when dough is rising, water is boiling, children are bathing, etc. 

1. Clean and/or change vacuum filter. 
Somehow, my husband remembers this more often than I do. Just him mentioning "extending the life of the vacuum" was enough of a reminder for me. $ saver. 

2. Wipe down inside of microwave.
Squeeze juice from half of a lemon into a microwaveable bowl with about a cup of water. Microwave for 2-3 minutes. Remove bowl and wipe food off walls with damp sponge or cloth. 

3. Disinfect bath toys
Mix a solution of water and bleach in sink. Soak toys for 5-10 minutes. Rinse and dry. 


4. Clean and organize utensil drawer and tray
There was a time when I had 10+ plastic kids spoons. Toss/donate them. Sometimes I go through the utensil and find random utensils that I haven't used for a year or ever. Toss/donate those too. Hand wash the utensil tray or place in dishwasher. 

5. Organize tupperware cabinet
I find containers without lids or lids without containers. One of my biggest pet-peeves is clutter. The tupperware cabinet is one of those places!
 
6. Wash shower curtain and liner
Another one of those things that can go a long way of we just keep up with it

7. Toss condiments from fridge that aren't in use
And toss the leftovers that haven't been eaten

1 comment: