Nov 15, 2011

Last minute hospitality

We love to have guests over for dinner. I love preparing, cooking from scratch, even creating a nice table setting to make our guests feel special. Sometimes these dinners are arranged last minute when no forethought has been given to meal planning. These are three very simple, delicious main pasta dishes that are some of my top go-to just for such times! I often alternate a side dish to go along with them. 

Fennel Noodle Skillet






Main ingredients: fennel root, sweet onion, cabbage, egg noodles
Chop one fennel root (the round white part), one sweet onion, and about a 1/4 to a 1/2 head of cabbage. Stir fry on medium-low with a generous amount of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Cook egg noodles per package directions. Top with fennel mix.
Side ideas: 
Bruschetta
Garlic bread

Rice Cooker Macaroni and Cheese







Main ingredients: 1 lb mini shell pasta, chicken broth, milk, shredded cheese (I like colby blend)
Stir together pasta, 1 3/4 C chicken broth, 1 C whole milk, and 1 1/2-2 C shredded cheese in rice cooker. Add about a teaspoon of salt. Cook for about 35 minutes or on white rice setting.
Side ideas:
Salad & garlic bread
Balsamic green beans

Rotini Chili









Main ingredients: 1 lb ground beef or turkey, 2 cans of chili (I love Amy's brand), 1 lb rotini pasta
Brown ground beef in skillet. Add chili (sometimes I'll add half a chopped onion and half a chopped green pepper). Cook rotini per package directions. Top with chili. I also like to have shredded cheese on hand to sprinkle on top!
Side ideas:
Cornbread
Garlic bread
Salad


2 comments:

  1. These are fantastic ideas! I'm always looking for quick and easy recipes to make at a moment's notice using ingredients I usually have on hand. Thank-you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. Thank you so much. I'm always looking for good recipes.

    Blessings,

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete