Feb 2, 2012

Feeling used?


When I was seventeen, feeling used carried an entirely different meaning than it does today.

I am no longer a victim of regret, but a conduit of healing to others. At least my heart says so.

A common prayer of mine goes something like this:

"Lord, use me in the ways that will glorify You. Even if I never know what it is that You're accomplishing, I can't promise I won't feel hurt or scared if I try to figure it out on my own. Give me the strength to rest in You, trusting that if I could see Your point of view, I would not want my life any other way."

I want the Lord to use me for His purposes. Even with this blog, for example. I pray a lot that God would use me to write a post to encourage someone today. Someone who can relate. Someone broken. Someone who is feeling used and tormented, instead of being used and liberated. By God and His freeing grace.

For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world. 
- 2 Cor 1:12