Mar 9, 2012

Seeking an Informal Mentor in Blog-o-sphere


"My eyes will be on the faithful in the land,
that they may dwell within me;
he whose walk is blameless
will minister to me."
- Psalm 101:6

I love blogging. I love that I can connect with so many like-minded women that encourage my walk with the Lord and as a mom.

It is nice having a group of friends who cheer you on. Who see your messy past, and don't hold it against you. Rather, they are in awe of God's work. The reality of God is ever-present when we witness a sinner saved by His grace alone.

I understand the habit of internet over-load and desire for connection. It is something I've personally struggled with and continue to pray about.

My solution has been this:

1. Face it. What is my intention for being on here? Usually it is for connection, information, and to run away from the dishes.

2. Seek it. Only read content that is going to help you grow (as a homemaker, mother, baker, candlestick maker?) And more importantly, with the Lord and His purpose for you. In short, seek a mentor(s). More on this below.

3. Apply it. This is the fun part when the computer is off and you are living out your life. You're living out motherhood or whatever your season. You feel a reassurance that others are living it too. That you do, indeed, have companionship and if you need guidance, your friends are there.

I have not formally asked to be mentored, although it is something I may request if the Lord leads me to that person. I do find myself reading blogs that encourage virtuous living, humble mothering, and anything else my soul is thirsty for. Little do these authors know, they are mentoring me and helping me to build godly-character in myself and home.

If you are not sure where to start, visit my Favorites Page, where you will find a list of blogs that have encouraged my own walk. Also, be sure to visit Growing Home's Lovely Blog Directory. I often find myself in the Titus 2 Section.

It is possible to be mentored in blog-o-sphere, as I term it. You just have to face your intention, seek guidance, and apply what you've learned.



post signature